Guillermo Del Toro’s Hellboy Gets Director’s Cut, Theatrical 4K Blu-ray for 15th Anniversary
On the occasion of his 15th birthday, award – winning director Guillermo del Toro (2017, Best Director, The Shape of the Water Hellboy lands on the 4K Ultra HD format on October 15 from Sony Pictures Home Entertainment. The visionary director based his film on Mike Mignola's famous Dark Horse Comics about a demon, raised from childhood after being conjured and rescued from the Nazis, who grows up to become a defender against the forces of the world. darkness. Ron Perlman ( Sons of Anarchy plays the leading role, with Selma Blair ( Cruel Intentions ), Doug Jones ( The Shape of Water ), twice John Hurt (1978, Best Supporting Actor, Midnight Express ; 1980, Best Actor,
The Elephant Man also Selected for the Oscars Hellboy 4K Ultra HD features both the theatrical and cinematic versions of the film, both newly remastered in 4K resolution from the original negative of the original. camera with audio Dolby Atmos exclusive for both versions of the film, with 5.1 audio of theatrical origin.
The 19459003 Hellboy 4K UHD includes the all-new retrospective "To Hell and Back", proposing a new interview with the r director Guillermo del Toro, as well as hours of special reporting on the archival, including documentaries, featurettes, deleted scenes, questions and answers and much more.
Related: The creator of Hellboy tells Netflix Reboot Series that the rumor is false
The writer / director visionary Guillermo del Toro ( The form of water The Pacific Rim ) comes . Hellboy ), a supernatural action adventure based on the popular Dark H by Mike Mignola orse BD series of the same name. Born in the flames of hell and brought to Earth as a child to perpetrate evil, Hellboy (Ron Perlman) was rescued from sinister forces by the Dr.'s benefactor Broom (John Hurt), who raised him to be a hero. In Dr. Broom's Secret Office of Paranormal Research and Defense, Hellboy creates an improbable family consisting of the telepathic "Sea-Man" Abe Sapien (Doug Jones) and Liz Sherman (Selma Blair). ), the woman he loves who can control the fire. Hidden from the very society they protect, they are the main line of defense against an evil fool who seeks to recover Hellboy on the dark side and uses his powers to destroy humanity .
The theatrical version Hellboy has a duration of about 122 minutes and is classified PG-13 for acts of violence and scary images. Hellboy Director & # 39; s Cut has a processing time of about 132 minutes and is not rated.
- . ] Special Features of the 4K Ultra HD:
- • Includes cinematographic and cinematographic versions of Hellboy
- • ALL – NEW: Introduction of Guillermo del Toro
- • ALL NEW: Retrospective Featurette "To Hell and Back"
- • Three audio commentaries with the director Guillermo del Toro, the creator Mike Mignola and the casting
- • Documentary "The Seeds of Creation"
- • Theatrical Trailers
- Hellsey -ray Special features:
- • Remastered theatrical version of Hellboy
- • Deleted scenes with optional comment
- • Tests of make-up and lighting with commentary
- • VFX Procedures
- • Quick Guide to Understanding Comics with Scott McCloud
- • Visions and Facto "Curse's Right Hand
- • Questions and Answers Archive: Comic-Con 2002
- • Pre-production Art by Mike Mignola
- • Animatics
- • Board-A- Matics
- • Multi-angle storyboard comparisons
- • TV Spots
- • Photo Galleries
- • AND MORE